Database management software can be described as software used by an organization or firm to store data’s or particulars of workers for reference purpose. This database management software for a confectionery business simply means design a software that will store data’s of all the things produced or sold by the company.
These things are something like sweet, cake, meat pie and so on. This software is a kind of software that is going to hold data’s of all the things that are sold and store in the company or business firm.
This database should be able to allow staff’s to access what they have in the database so as to know which one is available for the customer and also know what is needed at point in time. Only registered staff must have access to the database. Foe the software to work, the business or company has to engage in a small network system known as Internet.
This connection of two or more computers in an office or business firm require what is called a Server but this time the server will not be the one used for wide area network but the server to be used now is known as the personal web server (PWS)
This personal web server will allow you to be able to transfer file from one computer to the other but the information that will be transfer cannot be seen by anybody outside that networks of computer so it is well secure. This software will be working as that use banks when they have not yet connected to the internet which is a wide area network so that they can make report of what happen on that days activities.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
After I have study the manual system of running this business in Mr. Bigg’s Enugu, a lot of problems were discovered
These problems are:
- Delay in attending to customer request
- Delay in processing of payment mostly when the customers are many.
- Communication gaps between the buyer and the sever. In order for this problem to be solved, a management database of goods will assist to be able to engage in effective management of the business.
1.2 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
After much study of the way this business is being run in Mr. Biggs’s Enugu, there is great need for a computerize database management software that will make the business to run smoothly and so there will be accurate and effective communication between the buyer and the staff of the business.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The aims and objectives of carrying out this study are as follows:
- Minimize order time and response time between buyers and sellers.
- Bridge the communication gaps that exist between the staffs and the customers.
- Provide a more secured, faster and more accurate means of buying the product.
- Provide a faster, more reliable, less cumbersome and more efficient means of payment.
1.4 SCOPE OF STUDY
The design is focused on Mr. Biggs’s Enugu but the software can be used in similar business anywhere in the world.