1.0 INTRODUCTION / BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Caritas University came into existence in 2005.and from inception; the university senate has been within the administrative block which is not quite conducive. The senate building has been adequately provided for in caritas university master plan. This underscores the understanding of the master plan designers of the need for senate building which is a necessity to the university system.
A senate building is basically the administrative sector of the university. It houses the university council and senate chamber and other offices.
1.1 STATEMENT OF ARCHITECTURAL PROBLEMS
· In designs, problems are bound to be solved. These includes: creating adequate natural / cross ventilation, circulation / traffic control, achieving aesthetically appealing structure.
· The architectural problems arise due to the nature of the design either as its functions, environmental religion, cultural background, etc.
· The character of the building also poses a problem
· Provide caritas university administration a central building within which to function.
· Provide a structure that brings into focus the special character of Caritas University.
· To provide conducive and adequate spaces for the university senate and council within which they meet and carry out their functions.
· Create a standard structure which stands out physically in the university environment
1.4 SCOPE OF THE PROJECT
The project shall be based on provision of a central administration building which is the senate building for Caritas university which will accommodate the following; the vice –chancellor’s office, the registry, the planning unit, students affairs department, bursary and general administration.
The senate also houses the senate chamber and the...