1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Stock farms is one of the major factors of production in the manufacturing sectors as well as in service sector, it range between 40%-80% total cost in most production of service sector materials are needed for ensuring adequate production run. To achieve organization aims and objective proper stock control system must maintained the major responsibility of purchasing and planning into lower total cost and at the same maintains the quality. The material control in essential from the time of order up to the time of consumption of the purchased material.
The steps of materials are control therefore include the following:
- Ordering the appropriate quality materials at reasonable lost after ascertaining minimum level ordering level economic ordering quality. Etc.
- Receiving and strong the material in good environment
- Issuing of material through appropriate authority and controlling the use.
- Hence, material control of purchasing string and issuing of material so as to minimize both cost and wasted of material consequently. Then there is need for proper efficient stock control in the manufacturing company.
- Proper and efficient stock control therefore requires the application of computer for the data processing. Computer application is the use of computer to solve specific problem at a very rapid rate or to accomplish a particular job for a computer user. The scope of computer application is wider it is subdivided into business science and other categories business application involves the processing of business administration data while scientific application involve complex mathematic calculation and other problem.