Chapter One: Introduction
1.1 Background to the Study
The study of the importance of branding and packaging as a means of sales promotion in a business organization can be traced to various issues highlighted below.
The importance is conspicuously apparent to the fact that the physical product will not be at test without these two aspects of it. Though branding and packaging an individual can make easy choice of the desired product he/she tend to go for.
Also, branding and packaging as a means of sales promotion helps to boost the product effectively. The aspects of consumer interest and their satisfaction were apparently observed and the market environments were also given very closed consideration where the sales promotion does exist.
Branding and packaging are two of the most important components of marketing in an organization. Branding is a term used to describe the name, description and design of a product. Branding differentiates a company’s product from their competition. Packaging is a marketing tool used to reflect the brand. A company uses packaging to sell the product inside.
Branding and packaging are created by a company while these efforts are used to markets products, they in turn market the company itself. Branding reflects the image that the company seeks to project and identify as target customers.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
There are many problems that affect branding and packaging during sales promotion era in an organization. Today’s organizations are characterized by complex relationship and a high degree of interdependent tasks that can occur. People also have different vales and perceptions towards different product for instance.
A production manager might decided to change the method of packaging and still retain its brand name in order to stream line few products which eventually might not be satisfactory and acceptable by the consumers.
1. The problem also confirms to the fact that their consumers needs might not be melt due to the time and cost its will cause the organization to meet the demand.
2. The welfare to the work force inquired by the organization is another vital part to be at due to the process of performing their assigned duties.
3. The socio-economic system of the consumers if not observed carefully can also be a problem during sales promotion.
4. Another problem that can encounter is during the area of branding and packaging under which the market environment can be control.
5. Problems can also emerges between the organization and the customers, when the taste and desire to conform with the customers value and attitudes towards buying the product was not duly melt.